April 29, 2010

Oh Muenchen, Germany!

Munich, Germany May 24th 2008

When I decided to go backpackin' across Europe, it happily coincide with Lost Highway summer tour, so me and a couple friends decided to match our sightseeing with some rock and roll! And little did I know I was in for the best summer of my life!

First stop of the trip was Munich, Germany to visit my good friend Mel (my show mate and partner in crime ;) I fell in love with the city and everything else in there… but what I really need to say is that this was, so far, THE BEST show of my life!
Olympic Stadium is a show itself, it is the most beautiful stadium I have ever seen and although I’ll keep this part of the story for few, we did get center stage first row and it is the best feeling and seat in the world, I cannot describe what this show was other than amazing.

To quote the best lead singer ever words "It doesn't get any better than that" There was no one between us and the band! Nothing across, the closest I have ever been to this band live and it was pretty magical, I am absolutely sure Mel and I share the same opinion ;) it was worth every skype meeting to plan and organize every single day of it, just to get to this very moment and stand proud on the most worth first row in the planet! Danke! Danke!

The show started just in time, it was awesome to have ”Lost Highway” as an opening song, it was so powerful and great… the Sleep When I’m dead had couple little breaks to Richie playing random songs for Jon to be the hottest as he could be with Mercy and Start me up…taking the crowd high! My personal favorite from the album “Whole lot of leavin’” was so beautiful… an let’s just put it that way, I never thought I’d have the change of seeing “Hey God” live but there it was right in front of me…literally!
 
 

And then it started to rain, to make everything even more awesome! I still can hear Jon sayin… ”It wouldn’t be Munich if it didn’t have the rain…those are the angels crying because they couldn’t get to a sold out Bon Jovi concert” Awwww!...The very best “Livin’on a Prayer”I could ever ask for and to top it off “Twist and Shout”! If there’s ever one show that I wish I could relive it would most definitely be Munich…and I would do it all over again!
Setlist: Lost Highway / Born To Be My Baby / You Give Love A Bad Name / Raise Your Hands / Just Older / Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (with Mercy & Start Me Up) / Always / Whole Lot of Leavin' / In These Arms / Runaway / We Got It Goin' On / Hey God / It's My Life / Keep the Faith / I'll Be There For You (Richie on vocals) / Blaze of Glory / Someday I'll Be Saturday Night / Who Says You Can't Go Home / Have A Nice Day / Bad Medicine / Livin' On A Prayer

Encore:I Love This Town / Twist & Shout / Wanted Dead Or Alive / Blood On Blood

Click On:
Livin'on a Prayer bay bay!
Danke Mel! It was an awesome show and I know we would never get half way we got if it wasn’t for your magical ways ;)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, what a day and what a show.... I will never ever forget this in my whole life!!! Thanks for this winderful blog... it sums it up perfectly!!!
    It what definitely the best show ever!!!
    And you know what... without YOU, I'd probably be still buying balcony seats... haha ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well babe! Get ready for much more this summer! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete