April 14, 2010

Here's to Toronto Round #1

Toronto, Canada January 21st 2006

Now before I ramble on about Toronto, I just want to say there were the best shows of Have a Nice Day tour for me! It was time to go home, after almost two years living in Canada, so on my way back I had to stop for some air, energy and Bon Jovi and Toronto was it!

The boys played four shows in Toronto but I only had time for three, I got there at night before the show day to meet some friends that were living there at the time and who I was also staying with, it was the end of January and there was still snow on the streets and a chilly wind with the most gorgeous blue skies! I love Toronto!...

For the first night I had the crappiest seat up God knows where and I was depressed, after sightseeing with my friends for a bit I went to the Air Canada Centre Arena to see if I could score a better seat or if I would cry all show (dramatic not eh?) and good thing I went because that’s where I met my two dear friends, Susan from Toronto and Sandy from Germany (who I met many times in the shows around the globe) they were also trying to get better seats, they had just bought front seats when they met me on my way in!... To cut the story short, they both had third row floor and they gracefully gave one to me, without even knowing me, they were my angels that night I swear… and here’s a big thank you again for the most amazing seat I had at those shows…!


No need to say the show was amazing, they opened with Jon reading a note he made on a set list explaining that the airplane incident they had in an airport in Ontario was minor and that “the rumors of their deaths had been greatly exaggerated” the exact words he used, except Sambora spilling his drink” the show went on with amazing songs and a heart stopping moment for the first notes of “Wild is the Wind” and my very first "Blood on Blood"that brought me tears!!! … I can still remember the feeling… well not too worry because I would be back soon for the second Toronto round!

                                                                 As a BIG THANK YOU to Sandy! Click Here!

Setlist: Last Man Standing / You Give Love A Bad Name / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Runaway / Just Older / Complicated / Born To Be My Baby / The Story of My Life / Wild Is the Wind / Novocaine / I Won't Back Down (Tom Petty cover) / Have A Nice Day / Who Says You Can't Go Home / It's My Life / I'll Be There For You (acoustic) / Blaze of Glory (acoustic) / Bed of Roses (acoustic) / Bad Medicine / Raise Your Hands / Livin' On A Prayer

Encores: Welcome To Wherever You Are / Blood On Blood / Keep the Faith / Treat Her Right / Wanted Dead Or Alive


No comments:

Post a Comment