April 8, 2010

Aller à Montréal !

Montreal, Canada December 14th 2005

See, let me explain something before I start my story: when you are a big fan of a band for a long time, without ever being to their show live, it all becomes this dream, or a goal if I must say, and all you want is to see this band live, even because you already know how they are live giving that you have been watching every video and show you can put your hands on. That meaning you know when Jon will say “Are you alive out there”? , your heart jumps out of your chest with the drums in the beginning of Always and you might as well fall on the floor for the keyboard notes on These Days, all you want is to sing the “Now just me and you Whooo Whooo Whoo” in I’ll be there for you and sing your hearts out in Livin’on a Prayer with Jon holding out the mic to the audience.

But why am I saying all these things since every fan already know? Because I need you to understand how special my very first show was to me. A real long show, with all the Bon Jovi clichés that we all love! Bon Jovi hasn’t gone to Brasil for a real tour since 1995 with These Days and back then I was way too young to go to a stadium show down South so after my showcase, five-songs experience I decided I would go after them. And oh boy! If I ever knew what I was starting… I would do it all again lol!

Manu is a friend of mine from Brasil that I met through a Bon Jovi e-mail list, we were trading Bon Jovi CDs and became best friends now going on ten years, one of the things I need to thank this bad for is good friends, especially some really special ones! Anyway we were both living in Vancouver, Canada at the time when Have a Nice Day tour dates was announced with no dates in our city, so off we go buying tickets to fly to Montreal in the middle of a snowstorm December winter!

And it was cold, the coldest I’ve ever been! We’ve spent the whole afternoon inside the Hard Rock Café at Crescent Street where they were having a radio contest to give out stage wristbands (oh the good old days) we were there pretty much from mid day until about 20 minutes before the show and we got them! When they called our name and said we had gotten stage wristband for my first show, I wasn’t sure I could even walk to Bell Centre anymore lol! But we did it! We got our stuff and ran down the streets to the arena to find our not so perfect floor seats, but to us it was pretty much like first row! By far one of the best nights of my life, every note of the next song made my heart skip a beat and if that’s not love I don’t know what to call it…


Click On:

Setlist: Last Man Standing / You Give Love A Bad Name / Complicated / Born To Be My Baby / Story of My Life / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Runaway / Bounce / Novocaine / Won't Back Down (Tom Petty cover) / Have A Nice Day / Who Says You Can't Go Home / It's My Life / I'll Be There For You / Blaze of Glory / Bed of Roses / Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen From Mars / Bad Medicine / Raise Your Hands / Livin' On A Prayer

Encore 1: Welcome To Wherever You Are / Everyday / Treat Her Right
Encore 2: Have A Little Faith In Me / Just Older / Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Encore 3: Wanted Dead Or Alive
(A Great BAD ASS Setlist!!!)

And here it is! Just because I love to embarrass my friends!

Stay Tuned for Round #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment