February 27, 2011

Holly Montreal Round # 2 "Si Merveilleux"

Montreal, Quebec CANADA February 19th 2011

"I like it I like it I like it!"

So welcome the one of the best nights of your life! The best band and one of the best shows…ever! To begin with a ninja move ha! when you end up at the first row outside the circle and the best seat of the four shows that week! Amaaaaaaaazing close and basically no one in front of you… that’s what I am saying!

I have a theory, if I may, when the show opens with “Happy Now” you can expect a pretty awesome show! Jon’s speech on “Radio” was to leave any diehard fan with teary eyes, I know I did… it was so passionate and real. As a friend of mine says… “It’s for things like that we can stop loving this band” Indeed.

Well the energy was intense, the crowd was again going insane and you could feel every note… when the band was in the circle with “Living In Sin and Chapel of Love”, I can’t believe how wonderful it is to be so close you can touch them… I swear they are worth every penny I’ve ever spent on them (which was countless may I add) and can I get an Amen for Blood on Blood Acoustic in front of my eyes?

Now, “Love’s the Only Rule” is not only one of the best songs every written but Jon going down to the audience makes my heart (literally) skip a beat. I’ve witnessed it a couple times this tour, but we somehow keep missing each other… being when I am in the circle he’s not! But just to see the contact with the fans and coming out on the other side so close to us again…sigh…who’s got a heart? I believe mine is still in Montreal!

The band leaves the stage leaving a breathless yet screaming audience begging for more…and they come with “I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead” with three, I said three… cover songs in the middle! One after the other before our eyes…holly holly Quebec, Canada!

Well, as wonderful as the show was, it got me wanting more… and all I can say is that maybe Jon and I will meet inside the circle in the city I’ve been expecting to see them my whole fan life… and I’ll be the one asking, begging and pleading for more These Days songs…


Click On: Chapel Of Love


Setlist: Happy Now / You Give Love a Bad Name / Born to Be My Baby / We Weren't Born to Follow / The Radio Saved My Life Tonight / Lost Highway / The More Things Change / It's My Life / We Got It Goin' On / Bad Medicine / Hot Legs / Lay Your Hands on Me [Richie Sambora on lead vocals] / Living in Sin / Chapel of Love [The Dixie Cups cover] / I'll Be There For You / Blood on Blood [acoustic] / Someday I'll Be Saturday Night [acoustic] / Who Says You Can't Go Home / Work for the Working Man / Runaway / Have a Nice Day / Love's the Only Rule

Encore: I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Start Me Up [Rolling Stones cover] / Jumpin' Jack Flash [Rolling Stones cover] / Dancing in the Street [Martha and the Vandellas cover] / Wanted Dead or Alive / Livin' on a Prayer

Encore #2: Keep the Faith

Let me just send some love to my awesome rocking friends, Cassia, Sacha and Bryan. THANK YOU for an amazing week, for flying with me and touching the sky! This road trip, the encounters, the tattoo, the laughter, good times and the awesome shows would never be the same without you guys! We really are the Fantastic Four and I'm glad we all have the same love! We are truly blessed and I am, especially, for having friends like YOU! See you on the Road!

Oh and I can forget to mention meeting Anne my fellow Canuck from the Capital City and Jen Nagel (finally)!

Bon Jovi in Vancouver…I might need to start a how-not-to-die-of-happiness program!!!!!!
Woooooo freakin hoooo!!!

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for the "push" to go to Montreal and Toronto!!!!!!! No regrets AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I loved every moment and everything else that we experienced TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

    Love you, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good times,the laughter, the paçoca, the vigilio, everything that made that week so special !
    The time that we spent together was great, and I really miss that !
    New opportunities will come and soon we will meet each other and the band again !

    See you on the Road

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete