April 29, 2010

Who Needs Wembley? 2nd Nite

Milton Keynes, England June 11th 2006

After being moved from Wembley to Milton Keynes with really short notice, some of us (including me) got stranded in the middle of nowhere, so after the show was over, even looking for a hotel nearby was not a choice, it was all full… after a lot of walking we found a fan camp side! lol for me that was a first, some very prepared people even had tents, pillows, blankets, pretty impressive. We, well, had our jackets and our flags to wrap around and try to sleep a bit on the grass waiting for the next morning… it was a really rough night but we made it through and woke up the next day to get a really good spot in the fan club line for the show at night. Sometimes I wonder if this band EVER realize that they do have the most faithful fans ever, that follow them around and go through a lot…

I was very tired that day, it was very hot and none of us had slept and eaten a lot, definitely a lesson learned for me, either book a bed or bring a tent! DO NOT ever go to a show without a backup plan. Noted. So, since I had some free time and decided to make a sign to bring to the show, it was my very last show on the tour, and I really wanted to listen to “These Days” one of my favorite songs ever that they were playing every other show only never on the ones I was at! Figures the luck eh?

Now, I am sorry to report that while Nickelback was opening the show, I was sitting down saving the tiny rest of my energy for Bon Jovi, and when they hit the stage, it was like all the sleepless night, and hours waiting under the sun just faded… Jon is, by far, the best lead singer I’ve ever seen, he engages you in the almost three hours show and it’s the best freakin’ show on the planet! And that’s not just my opinion…

And yeah…they did play “These Days”! One of the last songs, and I CANNOT describe the feeling I got when the first notes of the keyboard started to play! It was the perfect ending to my very first Bon Jovi Tour, and just the beginnin’ of much more…

                                                                        
     We’ll see you back for Lost Highway!

Setlist: Keep On Rockin' In the Free World (Neil Young cover) / You Give Love A Bad Name / Wild In the Streets / Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars / Born To Be My Baby / Story of My Life / Bounce / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (Dancing In the Streets) / Runaway / Just Older / In These Arms / Have A Nice Day / Who Says You Can't Go Home / It's My Life / Bells of Freedom / Always (acoustic) / I'll Be There For You (electric, Richie on vocals) / Everyday / Bad Medicine (Shout) / Raise Your Hands / Livin' On A Prayer

Encore: Blood On Blood / Wanted Dead Or Alive / These Days / Last Man Standing / Keep the Faith
 
Click On:

I would like to give a Shout to the lifetime friends I made this tour and also to everyone I met along the way, that were there with me and for me on some of the best days of our lives, Cassia Morais, Cassia Cajao, Sandy and all the German girls, Stefi, Susan, Joanne, Luca and much more... I am sure we'll meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Julie, Thanks for sharing your memories :) I love this blog!!!
    I will never forget that weekend in Milton Keynes! Who could ever imagine that our friendship would start there?...it has been 4 years now and I am really happy to have you in my life as real friend.

    "When we took on the world
    When we were young and brave
    We got secrets that we'll take to the grave
    And we're standing here shoulder to shoulder "

    I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww!!!! I just saw your comment :) It was great meeting you too honey and I am grateful and very blessed to call you a FRIEND! My very loyal showmate, you know we'll have much more moments like these pretty soon! MUAH! <3 you too

    ReplyDelete