June 27, 2010

London O2 Arena Round # One!

London, England June 7th 2010
Welcome to The Circle Tour! Some were able to be at all the 12 O2 Arena nights with great atmosphere and knock-out set lists, me?! Well… I had my share of them! I don’t know how many times I have said this here but London Bon Jovi Shows ROCK! So I do, yes, I rather fly far and get better setlists than go to my neighbors downstairs and get the same old thing. So off to England we go!

Having your flight arriving at the day of the show, is probably not a good idea, but neither is to have a ticket with an airline that goes on strike around the time you are flying and a very awake volcano! But despite of it all, we made it! Even if it means you have to roll out the plane, not check your bags and dodge the immigration to be on time. Or even take your luggage to the arena ;) that was a new one!

It is so exciting, after you had a long dry spell, to see the band live again! The opening with Blood on Blood was something I had never experienced before and although this entire backstage- seat-mess-up situation was a bummer, my seats were pretty good.

Love’s the Only Rule was one of the best performances I’ve ever seen and I wish I had royal money and could afford in the circle seats (let me leave a note here, as a diehard fan that for the first time ever had lots of not-so-fans in front of me. Come on with these prices already!) with Jon walking around the circle singing, high fiving and kissing everyone…THUD! My day will come eventually… Believe me!

Richie pulled of an awesome Lay Your Hands on Me, also a first timer for me and I could just fall to the floor on Something for the Pain! For whoever is seating floor, the highlight got to be the three or four acoustic songs where they get way closer to you, I know I loved it! And it doesn’t matter how many time I have I’ll be There for You it always knocks me!...


It was a good opening night! I really needed all that energy, jumping and singing along… no need to say that Livin on a Prayer might be just the perfect ending song that leaves you begging for more! Hit Me!

Setlist: Blood on Blood / We Weren't Born to Follow / You Give Love a Bad Name / Whole Lot of Leavin' / Born to Be My Baby / Lost Highway / When We Were Beautiful / Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars / We Got It Goin' On / Bad Medicine / Roadhouse Blues [The Doors cover] /It's My Life / Love's the Only Rule / Lay Your Hands on Me [Richie Sambora on lead vocals] / Hallelujah [Leonard Cohen cover] / I'll Be There For You / Something for the Pain [acoustic] / Someday I'll Be Saturday Night [acoustic] / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Work for the Working Man / Who Says You Can't Go Home / Keep the Faith

Encore: In These Arms / Wanted Dead or Alive / Livin' on a Prayer

The Three Musketeers!

No comments:

Post a Comment