October 8, 2013

Vancouver Love, Canada October 2nd 2013 #BecauseWeCan

  "It's Vancouver for God's sake! It's great to be back!"


I don’t know what it is with home shows, you get a little extra excited, a little extra butterflies in your stomach and it’s like you feel magic in the air walking around town, maybe it was because it was my BIRTHDAY week! Or the fact I had never experience a birthday show in my life! But needless to say… it was ALL very, very special! The whole week was kind of a blur, how can one self concentrate and get anything done when BON JOVI is in town for a freaking week walking about?
I’d tell you my mind was in all places but thinking clear!
Now to the SHOW TIME, last tour when Bon Jovi hit Vancouver, not only we got two of the best shows in the tour (with amazing songs, requests being taken, hands being touched, flags getting on stage plus some extras better left unsaid!)
Read for yourself:
Vancouver March 25th 2011 Nite #1
And the ONE and ONLY best show of my life:
Vancouver March 26th 2011 Nite #2

That this time I was just NOT expecting amazing, being that not only Richie is not playing on tour but now also Tico was recovering from surgery. With only two band members on stage the show was actually better than I expected, you can totally feel Jon trying hard and harder, but still, not only the audience but also Jon knows and feels something is missing. Not that I wouldn't stand in the middle of the desert with only Jon on stage, because believe me, I freaking would! It was a pretty solid set list with many (almost too many) upbeat songs.
The circle songs were the best, at least for me, to actually hear one of my favorite songs from the new album “Thick as Thieves” as well as Bruce’s cover “Fire”. Lorenza Ponce on the violin did spice up things a bit! Check it out: 

Click on: Thick as Thieves  

 Click on: Fire

Jon walked around the circle a couple times touching everyone’s hand as much as he could and the smile (OH THE SMILE) I got from singing "Thick as Thieves" from the top of my lungs was PRICELESS! Probably the most gorgeous one that ever came my way!

The best moment for me though was during “Because We Can”, I had about one hundred small Canada Flags made with Vancouver “maples” Bon Jovi written on them and I took with me to give out around the pit area. Thanks to everyone that actually lifted up the flag during the song and to David Bergman who snapped a picture of the moment, now I have THIS! 
To always, always remember the smiles I got throughout the song! From left to right, that would be Cassia and I ! You can actually see the little flags being raised up throughout the video: Because We Can



Bad Medicine and Sleep When I’m Dead always get the best of Jon out! This time was no different, between two cover songs, little stories, odds and ends about the band and their Vancouver years (and I loooove it, or like Jon said: I like it, I like it and I like it a lot!), jackets being thrown to the ground, and a Bad Medicine with Shout! It was just the kind of trouble we were all looking for...! 



The show ended with Livin' on a Prayer leaving the arena and especially the die-hard-fans wanting more. It's hard to see a Bon Jovi show without a killer encore, but some nights you win some nights you enjoy the show!

And then, there was the after-the-show ...
Rogers Arena, October 2nd 2013 - BON JOVI STAGE!

Setlist: Water Made Me / Bad Name / Raise Your Hands / Runaway / Lost Highway / Whole lot of Leavin' / It's My Life / Because We Can / What About Now / We Got it Goin' On/ Keep the Faith / Make a Memory / Saturday Night / Thick as Thieves / Fire / Captain Crash / Born to Follow / Who Says / Sleep When I'm Dead / Jumpin' Jack Flash / Start Me Up / Bad Medicine with Shout  Encore: Wanted Dead or Alive / Have a Nice Day / Livin' on a Prayer

                                           Once Upon a Time...Not so Long Ago!...


And I leave you with that! Another Bon Jovi Tour comes to an end for me! It's been a heck of a ride, amazing places and even more amazing people, from roadtrips with good friends, to singing in a car during a Canadian snowstorm, to dream-come-true songs being played in front of my eyes, to endless Summer nights and rainy Rock'n'Roll magic, to driving in the countryside of Ireland, to amazing audience energy, to song requests being granted, to Vancouver streets love (the one and only cheap wine), to guitar picks from your heroes, to new and old friends,to inside jokes and inner circles,I raise a glass...Hear Hear!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you, wish I had your luck and stamina! You ROCK! Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vancouver + Bon Jovi + Us = Magic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete