May 20, 2010

Hamburg, Germany!

Hamburg, Germany May 28th 2008

I guess looking at it, I can say I have followed Bon Jovi across Germany. It is the country I have traveled around the most and got to see different cities and awesome shows! Go Germany Go! We had couple days off back in Munich (our base camp) before we took off to Hamburg. In a very little shaken Lufthansa airplane, that part I remember very well.
Getting in and out of Hamburg was very easy and all organized, we went to the stadium by train and had to walk SO MUCH in this trail to get to the fan club line-up! And as we already expected, line ups and lots of sitting before the band started, I remember now that there was this Italian singer opening in Europe hahaha and by the third show we already knew her songs, so funny to have this flash of memory now!

Hamburg was a very good show, we got second row and got to see couple songs on the first row when some girls went up the stage! Far to be the greatest show in Germany, hard to beat Munich I tell ya! It was wonderful to have Joey live for the first time, Hey God, Livin’ in Sin, In These Arms and Saturday Night were the highlights for sure, totally worth the wait, the sun, the flight, I remember every time we were waiting for hours in line (I mean we didn’t have to but we wanted good seats) I would say the same thing “You know, this is the last tour I am doing this, I want arena shows with my seat waiting for me at the time of the show”, funny how it would all fade when the first note of Bon Jovi soar in the air…
Not to mention Hallelujah live for the first time, I was not crazy about this song at all until I heard it sung by Jon live, the high notes, his moves, the way he moves in you with this song is something that gotta be witnessed to be understood ;)

Here it is, see for yourself!
Hallelujah!

Good one boys! Now off to the second best show in Germany… Stuttgart!

Setlist: Lost Highway / Born to be my Baby / Bad Name / Summertime / Sleep when I'm Deade (Mercy and Glory Days) / I'd die for You / In These Arms / Joey / Whole lot of Leavin' /  I Got the Girl / Captain Crash / We've Got it Goin' On / It's my Life / Keep the Faith /  I'll be There for You / Hey God / Who Says you can't go Home / Have a Nice Day / Bad Medicine (Shout) / Livin'on a Prayer
Encore: Livin'in Sin / Saturday Night / Hallelujah / Wanted Dead or Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment